Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots
Sponsored Ads

Go Back   Talk Budgies Forums > Budgie Talk > General Budgie Talk

Notices

General Budgie Talk Chat about general budgie stuff here.

Short URL Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 AM
birdiebuddie (Katelynn)
Young Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
birdiebuddie will become famous soon enoughbirdiebuddie will become famous soon enough

Mojito had a happy morning and woke up at 7 he was making all his happy noises which the whole house thinks is super cute. I dont know why he woke up so early since he and I can both sleep until noon or 1...hehe. Today was such a cool day that he got to spend the day out of the closet. (my room gets UNBEARABLY hot! we have no AC yet the walk in closet is a paradise of coolness that even i wanna just go in and sleep during the hot-ness.) So he enjoyed being out all day in this side of the house since the one room with a window AC gives him the sneezes. So he usually spends noon to 4 in the closet or with my in the sneezes room. so today we took a shower in the sink and had tons of bonding time.

Mimosa, coming soon to talk budgies, no idea what breed but thats the name...hoping a parrotlet!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2009, 03:19 AM
Anj (Anj)
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ ɹǝʌo pɐǝɥ

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Anj will become famous soon enoughAnj will become famous soon enough

I have two pairs in one of my smaller avairies... The are driving me crazy at the moment, cause the hens are playing in each others nesting boxes, and now there are multiple eggs in each nesting boxes - and I won't know who's is who's...

I've never had this happen before!! lol They are like a colony of hippies - sharing the love!! lol

Old 08-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Zeena (Zeena)
Veteran Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Expert
Gallery: 5
Zeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond repute

Today Fuji and Mika were taken outside to get some sun. Suprisingly since they haven't been out for a while because of the rain, they were both panting at some point and looked very scared. However at the first sight of a seagull, both started their monotoned single chirp to no end.

RIP my Beautiful Couple Fuji and Mika (2007-2012)

Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Aru
Baby Budgie

Gallery: 6
Aru will become famous soon enoughAru will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty much at a loss about what to do about Gem. Today when I worked with him he still bit me when he hopped on my hand. I can understand it when an animal reacts in anger to something that annoys them, but I don't force Gem to do anything. To me, his attacks seem very unprovoked. I just really really hope that when I put my boys in the same cage that Tango doesn't pick up Gem's biting habits.

Gem absolutely does not like being touched. I'm beginning to think that Gem will never learn the things I want to teach him. Which... I guess is O.K., but it's hard to accept defeat. I don't know.

So far Tango will almost always give me his foot when I ask. He steps up pretty often, too, but he needs more time before he'll accept movement while I hold him. Tango allows me to give him head scratches, but I don't know if this is a temporary thing or not.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Zeena (Zeena)
Veteran Budgie
State:

Zeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond reputeZeena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aru View Post
I'm pretty much at a loss about what to do about Gem. Today when I worked with him he still bit me when he hopped on my hand. I can understand it when an animal reacts in anger to something that annoys them, but I don't force Gem to do anything. To me, his attacks seem very unprovoked. I just really really hope that when I put my boys in the same cage that Tango doesn't pick up Gem's biting habits.

Gem absolutely does not like being touched. I'm beginning to think that Gem will never learn the things I want to teach him. Which... I guess is O.K., but it's hard to accept defeat. I don't know.

So far Tango will almost always give me his foot when I ask. He steps up pretty often, too, but he needs more time before he'll accept movement while I hold him. Tango allows me to give him head scratches, but I don't know if this is a temporary thing or not.
Hopefully the opposite will happen and Gem will pick up Tango's non biting habits

Old 08-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Pippin's mom (Julea)
Veteran Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 27
Pippin's mom has much to be proud ofPippin's mom has much to be proud ofPippin's mom has much to be proud ofPippin's mom has much to be proud ofPippin's mom has much to be proud ofPippin's mom has much to be proud ofPippin's mom has much to be proud ofPippin's mom has much to be proud of

I don't have a lot of time to post on here today,but my big thing is that Baylee (Linnie) seems to be back to his sweet self...no more biting , lunging, and attacking! I'm a happy camper!

I'm happy to see members using this thread. I think it will be a great way to get to know each other's birds better. Thank you for thinking of it Zeena.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:35 PM
howling-wolfie (Claire)
Baby Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Breeder
howling-wolfie will become famous soon enough

Slow day dor us today, Wen't in to the birdroom about 8 and turned the ipod on, opened the cages so they could have a good fly and spent about an hour changing all their papers and taking out each feeder, put the birds back for 10 minutes as whilst I hoovered and changed the feeders.
Louis sat on my shoulder chirping in to my ear as I was adding the egg food in to pots for each cage whilst Ashley had a good fly about and got rid of some of his boundless energy

Diana, Tommy and Bella stayed in their cages whilst all this was going on whilst Jamie and Marbles sat kissing and preening on the playgym.

Paris came out for a fly and there was a bit of flirting between the two of them, put in the soaked mung beans and all the birds went crazy over it, Also had a bit of grated carrot and brocilli tip which I'v just been in to remove and 3/4 is gone

Pretty normal day

Old 08-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Rebeccaveggie (Becky)
Member of the Month

State:

Gallery: 65
Rebeccaveggie has much to be proud ofRebeccaveggie has much to be proud ofRebeccaveggie has much to be proud ofRebeccaveggie has much to be proud ofRebeccaveggie has much to be proud ofRebeccaveggie has much to be proud ofRebeccaveggie has much to be proud ofRebeccaveggie has much to be proud ofRebeccaveggie has much to be proud of

It was an early day for us, as my family were all going to watch Aston Villa FC do their thing. They have been flying, playing, preening, singing, bathing and being all happy all day. They are now doing something Belle taught them,..trying to strip the wooden perch. Oh Belle!

Old 08-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Zeena (Zeena)
Veteran Budgie
State:

Quote:
Originally Posted by howling-wolfie View Post
Diana, Tommy and Bella stayed in their cages whilst all this was going on whilst Jamie and Marbles sat kissing and preening on the playgym.
That's so adorable, i love how sometimes they become so inseparable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin's mom View Post
I don't have a lot of time to post on here today,but my big thing is that Baylee (Linnie) seems to be back to his sweet self...no more biting , lunging, and attacking! I'm a happy camper!

I'm happy to see members using this thread. I think it will be a great way to get to know each other's birds better. Thank you for thinking of it Zeena.
I'm happy to hear that Baylee is on the nice list again
Thank you Julea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeccaveggie View Post
It was an early day for us, as my family were all going to watch Aston Villa FC do their thing. They have been flying, playing, preening, singing, bathing and being all happy all day. They are now doing something Belle taught them,..trying to strip the wooden perch. Oh Belle!
oh Belle, only a girl can teach boys such a thing as intense gnawing!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:13 PM
louara (& gracie-mae)
Veteran Budgie
State:

Number of Budgies: one
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 7
louara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great thread. It's a great way to catch up on how everyone's fids are doing.

This morning Gracie-Mae sat in her cage by our biggest window and squawked at me while I mowed the lawn lol!
That's it for today

"all we are saying, is give peace a chance"-plastic ono band-montreal 1969