Tail grabbing? [Archive] - Talk Budgies Forums

: Tail grabbing?

Exzander
04-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Is it normal for one budgie to grab the other budgie's tail (gently) with her foot to preen the tail?

I have a friend who has two budgies and his female budgie grabs his male budgie's tail, holds it still and preens it. Is it okay, does this happen or is normal? The male isn't really running away or trying to get away.

His female also grabbed his wing to preen him as well, but only one time that he could see.

I'm asking this question for him as he doesn't have a PC or account here, and I also just got a new male so I'm interested in the answer for future reference.

aka.pody
04-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Tail grabbing is a way of one bird telling the other one that he's in the mood for some loving. :) We should refrain from touching their tail however.
It could be two females, two males or one of each. It doesn't matter. It's what one does to let the other know that he wants some attention.

stacey101
04-22-2011, 07:00 PM
I agree with Arlene :)
Kinda like in kindergarden when boys pull on girls hair ... kinda think of it in high school they still did .

Exzander
04-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Aw, that's so cute.

Crunchkin
04-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Ahhh so that's what that means :p Nacho is always running after Kiwi and grabbing her tail ;)

atvchick95
04-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Never heard it meaning that

mine do it When playing or one is being a butt head to another one and wants them out of their way Instead of just going around them, they'll put the tail of the one they want to move in their foot and either pull on it with their foot or beak to make them move lol

Jimm-V
04-22-2011, 10:50 PM
I have seen my budgies tailing pulling and tail biting. Normally this kind of behaviour is accompanied by a loud shriek or a loud yelling which means a distress call. The victim does not like it by his/her distress call I guess this is what the yelling/shrieking about.

~Connie~
04-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Usually I will see Baaji try to step on Chewy's tail to make fun of him n like what Roland describe, we wil hear a short squeak from Chewy, kinda cute.

Birdymom
04-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Preening each other means that they are cuddling like two teenagers in a dark park alone.
Does that make sense?