Budgie on bottom of cage [Archive] - Talk Budgies Forums

: Budgie on bottom of cage

Bruise Pristine
06-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Hey guys,

I have a 12 and a half year old budgie here at home, whose been sitting at the bottom of his cage all day today, and on and off for about a week or so.

It seems he can't balance when he's on a perch, and has trouble walking straight when I manage to coax him out of his spot at the back of the cage on the floor to the front to talk to him.

He's still eating and when I sit down and say hi, he still whistles and plays with me.
However, his head is almost permanently tilted to the left, even when he's just sitting.
Also, when I give him carrot or excite him too much he does this thing where he'll tilt all the way to the left and fall from where he is, or simply fall to his side on the floor of the cage. It takes him a few minutes to recover.

I don't get it :S
He seems fine, just...a little too much to the left and a little lower in his cage than desirable...
I'd take him to the vet but the last time I did well over 5 years ago, he told me he'd not live through the week :whatever:

I was wondering if anyone here has had a bird in a similar situation, or if he is just coming to the end of his cycle :(

Leel
06-14-2010, 06:51 AM
I think a vet would help, sometimes they're wrong but at the end of the day they can probably help the most.
Sounds like something from a tick or something :s
Thats just a stab in the dark as I have no idea really.
I hope you can find some answers...

SpickyDavies
06-14-2010, 06:53 AM
he sounds in bad shape and needs to see an avian vet- for better of worse
at the moment he is not in a comfortable place