Suddenly loud and active -Help [Archive] - Talk Budgies Forums

: Suddenly loud and active -Help

Aleighagurl
09-26-2009, 11:19 PM
So my two babies, Ocean (M) and Skyy (F?) are bonded and living together. Recently they have become really active, moving quickly and excitedly. I've opened their cage door and they have little interest in coming out, just rampaging about the cage.

They also eat faster and pick at each other (not in an angry way...kind of like a fast preening).

But the biggest change is how LOUD they are. Just a constant squawk at random times and lots of sweep chirps in between.

They are a little under a year old. What's up with them? Ocean's going off right now!

:dunno: :budge:

Asily
09-26-2009, 11:26 PM
It was the same with my two. It seemed they were quiet when getting to know each other and bonding, but as soon as they were comfortable with each other they were loud and chasing each other about the room (they still love coming out of the cage). I'm not sure why they do this, maybe someone will have an answer for you!

Robin's Nest
09-26-2009, 11:32 PM
You are describing normal budgie behavior. :) My 3 get going like that, and I can hardly hold a conversation in the same room it is so loud! :laughing:

Aru
09-27-2009, 12:06 AM
You are describing normal budgie behavior. :) My 3 get going like that, and I can hardly hold a conversation in the same room it is so loud! :laughing:

I think we all should learn sign language. That would solve so many problems. :p

CharlieC
10-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Good idea. LOL My two are so loud at times you cant hear the tv.:budgie:

Masae
10-02-2009, 12:41 PM
It sounds like they're happy, healthy, and starting to have lots of fun. :) I'd worry more if they were quiet and lethargic. :rolleyes:

My bunch are pretty loud too, but I've been living with them for so long I don't even hear it anymore. :XD: